Sunday, April 27, 2014

National Pretzel Day! April 26, 2014

Happy National Pretzel Day! 

Saturday, April 26, 2014 was National Pretzel Day, so I whipped up some yummy pretzels!

I mixed white and champagne FIMO (polymer clay) to make a light dough colour. Rolled out the clay and then shaped it into pretzels, then dusted yellow and brown chalk pastels to give them a baked effect. Starting with the lighter chalk colours first. Then I textured them to give them a more real look. Then baked them at the temperature according to the instructions on the package. I did NOT bake for 30 minutes as package instructs, but rather for only 10 minutes.


After they cooled I added white craft sand for the salt and sealed with glaze.

Voila, pretzels!


I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for more miniature posts! Happy Pretzel Day!

Please post a comment or email me at lisamlehr@gmail.com if you have any comments, ideas or mini-project requests!

No comments:

Post a Comment