Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!



A Big Mini-Happy Easter!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend!

To celebrate Easter I decided to make some very quick mini-Easter baskets with chocolate bunnies.


 
 
I had already made the chocolate Easter bunnies from polymer clay using some molds, and I just made these two baskets this weekend! I got the idea of making my own weaved baskets after watching a YouTube video by MsMiniLover, because I didn't have any baskets of my own here in Korea. This is the first time I have ever done any type of weaving project.
 
The chocolate bunnies were made from Kato clay and I used molds that I had purchased from a lady in the States. Today, I painted on some details (eyes, ears and flowers) using a toothpick and then glazed with Triple Thick to not only give it a shine, but to protect it from wear and tear.
 
 
The weaved baskets were made from index card paper and then painted. Here is a photo of the circle one. Although it was fairly straightforward and somewhat easy, it did require lots of patience! I did make a few mistakes on the weaving, but let's hope you don't notice!
 
 

 
As you can see in the photo above and below, I also put some folded thin strips of paper in the green basket. For the pink basket, I just put in a cotton ball.

 
 
Here are some more pictures of the Easter goodies.  

The coin shown in this picture is a Korean 100 won piece, which is comparable in size to a Canadian or American quarter.

The painted details on these bunnies' ears were done before I decided to change them to a darker pink.

This Easter bunny is a bit too big for this basket and was only put in for display purposes. I would normally make some type of packaging such as a box with a clear plastic window like the ones you would buy in a store. 
Mmmm chocolate!
 I hope everyone has had a nice Easter weekend with family and friends. If you have any questions, suggestions or requests for a particular project please let me know in the comments!

Take care and stay tuned for future mini posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment