Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day! April 24, 2014

Happy National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day! Say what? Sounds crazy, right? 

Let's celebrate anyways!
 

National Pigs-in-a-blanket Day is April 24th. So I am a little late for Korea, but for people back home I may be on time with this post! lol


To celebrate, I made some miniature pigs-in-a-blanket.


First, I made the wieners from FIMO clay. I mixed chocolate brown, red and a wee bit orange to get the colour I wanted. I rolled and cut them into the size I wanted and a little texture to the ends, then baked them. Once they cooled I wrapped them with (FIMO) crescent rolls.


For the crescent rolls, I mixed some white and champagne Fimo to get the colour I wanted. It helps to look at the real thing or pictures of the real thing.

Then I brushed on some colour with chalk pastels to give them a baked looked. Baked for five minutes. After they cooled I should have brushed on some glaze but will do that soon. I am thinking of adding some cheddar cheese to some of the pigs-in-a-blanket, then I will add the cheddar cheese!
 
If you would like a more detailed tutorial of making miniature pigs-in-a-blanket please let me know either by leaving a comment or sending me an email at lisamlehr@gmail.com
 
Please stay tuned for National Pretzel Day and How to Organize a Carafting Space or Room!
 
Happy miniaturing!



No comments:

Post a Comment