Tuesday, April 14, 2015

St. John's Mini Road Trip! Part 2

I had an absolutely wonderful time in St. John's! I met a new mini-friend Wanda Waterfield, bought some much needed crafting supplies and was (still am) very inspired! This will be a longer post, but I have many beautiful pictures to share :)
Jelly Bean Row! St. John's has some really colourful houses!
In my last post I introduced you to a fellow miniaturist, Wanda Waterfield. After meeting her, seeing her mini-craft room and of course her minis, I left feeling inspired! Also when I left Wanda gave me some beautiful parting gifts and many items that I can use in current and future projects. Here are some pictures of some of the wonderful things she gifted me. Not included in the pictures are many floral making items, printables and so much more.
An overview of some of the gifts from Wanda
Button holder with removable lid, some vegie crates and wine sign!

Adorable lighthouses!

Flower potting crate!


Oranges, lemons and limes for drinks!
Thank you Wanda. Again you can check out her blog at http://sominiprojects.blogspot.ca/  , and her Pinterest account at https://www.pinterest.com/wandawaterfield/ .

It was nice getting to St. John's to show some international students around beautiful St. John's and of course it was nice have very little snow (considering it snowed the day we left Pasadena!) and lots of sunshine (which I think is kind of rare for St. John's!). I have definitely been inspired by the historic buildings which include houses and lighthouses!

The following are some pictures that have inspired me to finish up current projects and of course start some new ones! 
This apparently was the house used in the TV production of The Republic Of Doyle!
Jelly Bean Row!

 
St. John's random house shots!

Again some random house shots!

Hostel we stayed at!
Fireplace in our hostel room!

Fireplace in our hostel's main office!
I have shown the above pictures for two main reasons. First, I am currently working on a store front window display and I plan to decorate it similar to the houses (and the shops look basically the same). I will update the progress soon :)

Store front window display. Designed by Linda Laurenson. Bought while on vacation in New Zealand!
Second, I want to create either a full house or room box to emulate this style of house and incorporate the architectural designs similar to what is shown in the pictures. Here are some more pictures of houses that have the wheels turning in my head!

Random house pic! Sorry it's crooked, but the car was in motion!

Another house random!

Another house random!

Another area we visited was Cape Spear which is a National treasure. Cape Spear hosts two lighthouses, and is the most easterly point in North America!  It was sunny, but don't let that fool you! It was very cold!  While I was there I was making observations about paint, colour, things surrounding the lighthouses (like buildings and landscape), and not to mention I was taking measurement of siding on the older lighthouse.

Cape Spear! I think this is the older lighthouse.

Yup that's me! Cold but happy to be there!

This lighthouse is stunning!
Real Good Toys 1:12 scale lighthouse. Still a work in progress!
As you can see my lighthouse in still a work in progress. I will do some future blog posts showing the progress in stages. I am hoping to incorporate a lot of landscaping similar to what I saw at Cape Spear!

Please share any comments or suggestions. Happy mini-crafting and stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment