Friday, April 3, 2015

Mini New Zealand! What else could a girl ask for?

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I was a wee bit busy. My schedule went like this: work, 1 month vacation, work, getting ready to move back to Canada, moving back to Canada and getting resettled and of course minis! I will share more in later blog posts.

So let's start with my New Zealand vacation! :)

While I was on vacation in New Zealand for 3 weeks last August (2014), I wanted to find some mini shops and look for things that were locally made. Through my research  I was pleasantly surprised to find a cute little miniature shop called The Enchanted Garden, owned by a wonderful lady, Linda Laurenson (aka Gertie), who is also is a miniature enthusiast!

Gertie graciously opened up her home (and miniature shop) to me. She invited me into her home and we ate fish and chips and made minis! It certainly was a highlight of my vacation and ranked up there with swimming with dolphins in the ocean.

Welcome to the Enchanted Garden!


The Enchanted Garden shop!


Workshop!
 
While we created minis, Gertie taught me some wiring tips and she assisted me in creating some polymer clay local foods.


Here are some samples of some meat pies and sausage rolls I made. I know not made by a local, but assisted by Gertie and inspired by New Zealand!


Meat pies and in the very back a chocolate bar with a bite taken out made by Gertie
I will zoom in more on the chocolate bar once it has been unpacked.


Side view of meat pies and sausage rolls I made.
While I was visiting The Enchanted Garden, I did make some purchases (of course). I bought a window display kit (designed and made ready by Gertie), some bowls and supplies I couldn't find in Korea. Plus Gertie had not only given me the gift of friendship, her time and her supplies while we crafted, but she also gave me some darling parting gifts. Because I had taken these items back to Korea and then had them shipped to Canada I wasn't able to take photos to share right away. But I promise to share more gift photos in future posts along with more information on The Enchanted Garden.

The following is a sample of the window display kit I purchased. I will show my progress in future posts.
 
Shop window display kit I bought. Designed and made ready into kit by Gertie Laurenson
 
So a BIG mini-thank you to Linda for her hospitality and making my vacation to New Zealand awesome. More pictures to follow!
 
Happy Easter and stay tuned!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see more of your minis!
    - Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I will try to be a little more consistent in blogging! :)

      Delete