Monday, April 13, 2015

St. John's Mini-Road Trip! Part 1

Last week was Easter/spring break, so I decided to do a mini (no pun intended!) road trip to St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. The main purpose of my trip, aside from spending some quality time with my mom, was to do some shopping (mostly craft/mini materials), and to take a group of Korean international students to visit the wonderful and historic city of St. John's.

View of St. John's taken from Signal Hill
The main purpose of planning my trip to St. John's was to pick up some crafting supplies, such as polymer clay and other tidbits. Honestly, although exciting to shop for them, not so exciting for you. So I will leave it at that! lol

Just before I left my hometown of Pasadena, Newfoundland I was introduced to a wonderful lady and miniaturist, Wanda Waterfield, online. After making contact with Wanda. I found out that she lives in the area that I was going to be visiting, so she invited me into her home for a visit and to show me her minis.

When I walked into her minis-room I literally had to stop and take a deep breath. Her work room is amazing! Not only is her craft room well organized and tidy, but seeing her minis made my jaw drop. I can honestly say that I have had read everyone of her blog posts and was very delighted to see her projects in person.

Her minis are amazingly elegant and very realistic. I am going to share some of the pictures I took (with her permission) and then share her blog site and Pinterest site.
 
Wanda's garden shed
Side view of Wanda's garden shed. Love the fence!

Another side view of garden shed. Love all the little details!
 
Close up of some flowers at the garden shed. Sorry for the bad photography, but can you see the cute little butterfly?
 
Another close up of garden shed. I love the bird bath.

Wanda's bakery!
 
A group project Wanda participated in. I love the store!

Needless to say this was a highlight of my trip! It is definitely worth visiting her blog site to see the progress of her minis and learning more about her mini projects!

Her blog site can be found at: http://sominiprojects.blogspot.ca/
Her Pinterest site can be found at: https://www.pinterest.com/wandawaterfield/

It was nice getting out of the yucky, snowy weather here in Pasadena to the sunny, not as much snow in St. John's. I felt rejuvenated and inspired. I stayed downtown where there are many historic buildings and beautiful old homes. I have decided to incorporate many design ideas into some of my mini projects, and perhaps plan a new project based on an historic home.

Stay tuned for St. John's Mini-Road Trip! Part 2, where I will post some of my inspirational pictures and share some photos of Wanda's lovely parting gifts.

Thanks again to Wanda for such wonderful hospitality and beautiful mini gifts :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind comments Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos of Wanda's creations and St. John's. A very close friend is from St. John's and lives near me in the states. We have been discussing a trip there to enjoy the beauty (her family owns a house on the water). Now that I know there are minis there, I am more determined than ever to visit this lovely city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neen, if you do come to Newfoundland please let us know. Would love to meet you and maybe have some mini-crafting time!

      Delete