Thursday, May 15, 2014

National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! May 15th
 

May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day, so to celebrate I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies!

First, I made the chocolate chips by rolling out some chocolate coloured Fimo clay and then baked it according to the instructions on the package. After it was baked I cut the clay into very thin strips and then sliced into very small chocolate chunks.



Then I mixed and conditioned white and champagne coloured Fimo clay for the basic cookie colour.

Next I added the baked chocolate chips to the white and champagne coloured clay, measured out into small pieces, pressed flat, textured and then added coloured pastels to give them a more realistic baked look. Then baked.

Of course cookies are not complete without milk! For the cup, I used a cap from a mechanical pencil. I added white paint to make it look like a cup of milk!

Voila, cookies and milk!

Upcoming Mini Things!

I have some mini projects that I have been working on, but are not quite ready yet. Some things to look for in future posts: nacho chips with salsa sauce, tacos and some different types of bread and or sandwiches on cutting boards. Here are a couple of pictures of projects in the works!
Nacho chips and some tacos! Taco time!
Cutting boards I made with strips of wood. Bread and or sandwiches to follow!

Stay tuned :)
 
Please leave a comment if you have any questions or comments. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment